A Common Data Environment (CDE) allows architecture, engineering, and construction teams (AEC) to get centralized access to all data related to one construction project.
Discover 4 advantages of a common data environment
#1 Construction data access simplification
- Access to the CDE with a simple internet connection
- Compatible with different devices:
- Field hardware
#2 Information centralization
- Interactive environment of shared information for AEC
- Project Lifecycle monitoring
#3 Information standardization
- Information sharing with a common language
- Information status update (according to ISO norms)
- Guaranteed quality of the shared information
- Data extraction, quantities, contractual documents, trade monitoring
#4 Analysis and post-project follow-up
- Version history
- Data analysis
- Productivity improvement
- Global view of the project in its whole
- Anticipation of futures renovations
The success of a construction project depends heavily on how much information the design teams have and how well the initial plan is executed. Working in a common data environment means that everyone has access to consolidated, centralized, and updated information in real time for smooth and efficient collaboration.
Learn more about SketchUp's 3D design toolset and all the ways you can simplify collaboration with the SketchUp ecosystem. If you're ready to try the world's most commonly used 3D modeling tool, start a free trial today.